Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thankful For a Classmate

In the spirit of thanksgiving, we are asked to be thankful for one of our classmates. I am thankful for Dominick Tagler. I am thankful that he lives close to me so that if there is anything that I need or I forget a book or an assignment, I can easily get a hold of him. 

Also I am thankful that he is my friend. Because I am a freshman in a mostly sophomore class I did not know many other people when I walked into class on the first day of school. When I saw he was in the same class as me, it was a sign of relief that I had a friend to talk with or do group work with. 

He is always kind to me which is refreshing, and when he makes a joke, I know he is always kidding. Being able to just complain to him or talk with him is always good. It's pretty funny when he is the butt end of a joke, but probably not to him.

And once again, at this time of year we are asked to look at more than ourselves and be thankful for things in our lives. To be thankful for a classmate, a peer, or a colleague is a way to begin to look within yourself to see what you are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment