Thursday, December 2, 2010

Golden Snowflake Poetry Battle: Part One

Fluttering
Fluttering
Fluttering
Down they fall
With such a magical grace
It is a beautiful sight to see them all
Drifts of white in everyplace
Blankets of down
Are what cover the ground
The brisk day
Ends in a frigid night 
Bells on the sleigh
Can be heard 
Through the silence
And quiet
You fell the chill
Of that winter spill
The crackle of the fire
And the warm desire
And like Lucy told Schroeder
A long time ago
Of the "Santa Claus,
And Ho Ho Ho,
and Mistletoe,
and presents to pretty girls."
It's the creed of the world
It's that time of the year
When no matter who you are
You have a heart full of holiday cheer

1 comment:

  1. I just have to start my comment off by I love your background, only because in grammar school I loved llamas/alpacas. But to the point I really like you poem. You used lots of imagry I thought, which is really good for poety not that I'm an expect I'm not. You might want to check and edit it though you have a couple of mistakes. Like fell instead of feel the chill

    ReplyDelete