Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Am a Plow?

I am a plow? With all due respect, I do not consider myself a plow.  I do not see myself with any similarity to a large, old, cumbersome piece of machinery, forced to work and labor all day in the hot sun. There is no powerful horse dragging me towards something with out any power of my own being. Instead of the hopeless and helpless plow, I am the horse that drags the plow.

I am the one in control of the machine that does the work. I go at my own pace, completely at my own will. I can stop when I choose, and start again when I choose. When I complete my task, I am allowed freedoms. I can rest, I can play, I can eat, I can work again. I am unlike the plow in the sense that I am pulling my own destiny, rather than being forcefully dragged behind something else. I am able to go in my own direction, than be led to a place that I might find undesirable. I make the decisions instead of following behind someone who is leading me.

Am I a plow? No. I am much different than that.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that there is anything that makes you a plow at all?

    ReplyDelete