Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introductions

Introductions are what occurs when you meet someone new, the beginning of every relationship, when everyone seems nice and likable; before you get to know the person you have just met. The, "Hello's," and the, "Nice to meet you's," and the, "I've heard a lot about you's." I have the slightest of hope that my introduction will be more than just a, "Hello," or a "Nice to meet you." I hope it explains some of who I am.

My name is Nikki Pietrus. I am a high school freshman at Whitney Young High School. I have a great family and great friends. I have many special qualities and interests that make me who I am. I have grown up living on the far South West side of Chicago. Prior to attending Whitney Young as a seventh and eighth grade Academic Center student, or Ackie, I attended Morgan Park Academy, a small private school also located on the South West side. I attended first, second, and third grade at Clissold Elementary in the Montessori program. You can say I have done a lot of school hopping in my day. I think because I have attended various schools, each very different from the other, it has encouraged me to become a more outgoing student and person. I have friends from my childhood and all over the city who I have fond memories with because of the experiences I have had the privilege to enjoy. 

Outside of school, I have many extra curricular activities that I am involved in. Sports are a big component in my life. As my mother likes to say, "It keeps you in shape, and it keeps you out of trouble." The two sports I play are volleyball and softball, softball being my favorite. I am currently on the junior varsity volleyball team at Whitney Young and playing competitive travel softball. I am very dedicated to my teams and always play to win. Also, during my spare time between school and practices, I manage to play the piano. I have played since I was three years and have become very passionate when I sit down to play. It helps me be a more well rounded person.

Another important part of my life is my family and friends. My family consists of my mom, dad, and I. I have no siblings. I have one dog. Her name is Belle. She is the most spoiled dog you would ever meet. My mom, Debbie, is a second and third grade Montessori teacher at Clissold and my dad, Bob, is a engineer for the Chicago Fire Department. We love to travel as a family over the summer and during school breaks when both my mother and I are both off. This previously summer, we traveled to Tennessee, Florida, and California. We spend a lot of time together which makes us very close. We love each other and help each other everyday.

Although this is some rather basic information, I hope it has given you some information and an introduction to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nikki :). I'm an only child too, so I know what you mean when you say that you and your parents are very close. I also really like your introduction to your introduction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nikki, I like your intro, I just thought it was a cool way to introduce yourself. I also share the same interests of volleyball and softball but I like volleybal then softball which is the reverse of you. I also really liked how you described your family and how close you are with them. I still think of your mom as my 2nd grade teacher, which I think is funny. Ameican lit will be fun with you this year:)

    ReplyDelete